- Sonoma County Wildlife website: co-creater/writer/editor, various posts Jan-Dec 2016
- Light Sleepers: why you need to get your sleep, and your light, Guru Magazine, April 2016
- Hunting Terrapins, but not for turtle soup, Guru Magazine, Oct 2015
- Motorcycle Hill, El Cerrito Hillside Natural Area (On the Trail), Bay Nature Magazine, Jul-Sept 2014
- Trail Trekkers Forge a New Path in El Cerrito, Bay Nature, July 2014
- San Francisco Group Launches Pop-up Gardens, Bay Nature, June 2014
- Peninsula Measure Would Get More People Onto More Public Lands, Bay Nature, May 2014
- French Broom and An Earth Day Message of Resilience, Bay Nature, April 2014
- First Blue Heron Cam in California Set up at Stow Lake, Bay Nature, April 2014
- #SurfersForDinner: Tweeting sharks warn beachgoers they’re near, Guru magazine, Issue 17, April 2014
- Born to be Wild: The great outdoors awaits, Guru magazine, Issue 16, Feb/Mar 2014
- Howie Richardson, Renaissance Man, Gripped magazine, Volume 15 Issue 6, December/January 2014
- 8 Reasons Santa was Right to use Reindeer, Guru magazine, Issue 15, December 2013
- Feathers and Muddy Boots: Saving Madagascar’s Birdlife from Extinction, Guru magazine, Issue 13, August 2013
- Fly away whitefly – the birds are coming, Florida Wildlife Magazine, January 2013
- Hunting the Turtle Hunters, Guru magazine, Issue 8, October 2012
- Turtles in the Tortugas, Florida Environmental Outreach Magazine, Volume 3 Issue 3, July 2012
- Elephant Wisdom: How Ganesh took me away, Elephant Journal, April 2014
- Is there a scientific basis for boycotting all beaver skin products? Nov 2014
- What would happen if the sun exploded? April 2014
- Do other animals experience pleasurable female orgasms? March 2014
- If humans disappeared, how long until apes evolved into humans again? Dec 2013
- Do elephants really have a good memory? November 2012
Shaver DJ, KM Hart, I Fujisaki, C Rubio, and AR Sartain. 2013. Movement mysteries unveiled: Spatial ecology of juvenile green sea turtles. In: Reptiles in Research: Investigations of Ecology, Physiology, Behavior from Desert to Sea, p. 463-484. W. Lutterschmidt (editor). Nova Science Publishers, Inc. ISBN: 978-1-62808-599-0
Co-author of various species’ accounts within guidebook, including first authorship on 16 heron accounts: Safford RJ, Hawkins AFA (eds). 2013. The Birds of Africa. Volume VIII: The Malagasy Region. London: Christopher Helm.
Hart KM, AR Iverson, AM Benscoter, I Fujisaki, MS Cherkiss, C Pollock, I Lundgren, Z Hillis-Starr. 2017. Resident areas and migrations of female green turtles nesting at Buck Island Reef National Monument, St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands. Endangered Species Research 32:89-101. doi: 10.3354/esr00793.
Hart KM, CF White, AR Iverson, N Whitney. 2016. Trading shallow safety for deep sleep: juvenile green turtles select deeper resting sites as they grow. Endangered Species Research 31:61-73.
Sartain Iverson AR, KM Hart, I Fujisaki, MS Cherkiss, C Pollock, I Lundgren, and Z Hillis-Starr. 2016. Hawksbill satellite-tracking case study: implications for remigration intervals and population estimates. Marine Turtle Newsletter 148: 2-7.
Shaver DJ, KM Hart, I Fujisaki, C Rubio, AR Sartain Iverson, J Pena, DG Gamez, RJG Diaz Miron, PM Burchfield, HJ Martinez, and J Oritz. 2016. Migratory corridors of adult female Kemp’s Ridley turtles in the Gulf of Mexico. Biological Conservation 194: 158-167.
Fujisaki I, KM Hart, and AR Sartain Iverson. 2016. Habitat selection by green turtles in a spatially heterogeneous benthic landscape in Dry Tortugas National Park. Aquatic Biology, 24: 185-199.
Hart KM, AR Sartain, and I Fujisaki. 2015. Bahamas connection: residence areas selected by breeding female loggerheads tagged in Dry Tortugas National Park, USA. Animal Biotelemetry 3:3.
Hart KM, DG Zawada, AR Sartain, and I Fujisaki. 2014. Breeding loggerhead marine turtles Caretta caretta in Dry Tortugas National Park, USA, show high fidelity to diverse habitats near nesting beaches. Oryx 50: 283-288.
Hart KM, MM Lamont, AR Sartain, and I Fujisaki. 2014. Migration, foraging, and residency patterns for Northern Gulf loggerheads: Implications of local threats and international movements. PLOS ONE 9(7):e103453.
Fujiskai I, KM Hart, FJ Mazzotti, MS Cherkiss, AR Sartain, BM Jeffery, JS Beauchamp, and M Denton. 2014. Home range and movements of American alligators (Alligator mississippiensis) in an estuary habitat. Animal Biotelemetry 2: 8.
Hart KM, Lamont MM, Sartain AR, Fujisaki I, Stephens BS. 2013. Movements and Habitat-Use of Loggerhead Sea Turtles in the Northern Gulf of Mexico during the Reproductive Period. PLOS ONE 8(7): e66921.
Shaver DJ, Hart KM, Fujisaki I, Rubio C, Sartain AR, Pena J, Burchfield PM, Gamez DG, Ortiz J. 2013. Foraging area fidelity for Kemp’s ridleys in the Gulf of Mexico. Ecology and Evolution. 3: 2002-2012.
Hart KM, Sartain AR, Hillis-Starr Z-M, Phillips B, Mayor PA, Roberson K, Pemberton Jr RA, Allen JB, Lundgren I, Musick S. 2013. Ecology of juvenile hawksbills (Eretmochelys imbricata) at Buck Island Reef National Monument, US Virgin Islands. Marine Biology 160: 2567-2580.
Hart KM, Sartain AR, Fujisaki I, Pratt HL Jr, Morley D, Feeley MW. 2012. Home range, habitat-use, and migrations of hawksbill turtles tracked from Dry Tortugas National Park, Florida, USA. Marine Ecology Progress Series 457: 193-207.
Sartain A, Alberts A. 2008. Habitat Fragmentation and Scrub-Specialist Birds: San Diego Canyons Revisited. Western Birds 39: 82-93.
Conference Proceedings/ Technical Reports
Hart KM, Fujisaki I and Sartain AR. 2012. Chapter 5: Use of Dry Tortugas National Park by threatened and endangered marine turtles. In: Implementing the Dry Tortugas National Park Research Natural Area Science Plan: The 5-Year Report. National Park Service and Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission, pp 28-33.
Sartain A, Ellis T, Miller R, Wilen C, Salmon TP. 2006. Using GPS and GIS Technology to Track Rabbit Damage in Southern California Nursery. Proceedings of the 22nd Vertebrate Pest Conference, Berkeley, CA. pp 527- 529.
Ellis, TR, Sartain A, Miller R, Wilen C, Salmon TP. 2006. Characterizing and Averting Cottontail Rabbit Damage in a Southern California Nursery. Proceedings of the 22nd Vertebrate Pest Conference, Berkeley, CA. pp 522-526.